Thursday 30 May 2013

A few new products



I love Maybelline mascaras I've never used any other, that I can remember. So when I saw The Mega Plush Volum' Express in Boots with discount I was all over it, I bought it at £5.99 with £2 off, not sure how long the offer is on for!
This is Maybelline's first gel mousse mascara with a new formula containing 40% less hard waxes. I loved the texture and the lasting power, I find some mascaras drop and flake leaving black blobs under my eyes. This was so easy to apply with the large flexor brush and the creamy, velvety texture, it glided through my lashes adding a lovely curl, separating them with NO clumps, and adding volume but not as much thickness as their other mascaras. I think this is a great mascara for a natural look but if you're looking for more volume and drama for your lashes I would go with The Falsies or The Colossal.



I got the new Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick, again with £2 off for £6.99... BARGAIN! I chose the shade "it girl" its quite hard to describe the colour but I love it! I suppose its like a dark coral shade with a hint of pink a lovely summer shade. This is a lip stain with shea butter and aloe giving you instant moisture, matte finish and a splash of colour that does last all day! I love the application and that you can build the colour up, the only disadvantage is it can leave your lips dry and patchy half way through the day, and can feel a little tacky after an hour or so after you've first applied it. So I have been applying a little Vaseline before, and touching up only once through the day. 



First of all I want to say I love the packaging for the new range of Bourjois cream blushes, they are a small cute compact with a little mirror and a magnetic clasp! I got the shade 01 "nude velvet" it is perfect for my pale skin and is super easy to apply. I find some cream blushes just won't blend, but I was impressed with this, I applied it with my finger tips and it just melted into my skin giving me a healthy glow. Its a lovely peachy colour and I love wearing it with the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstain, they work so well together. I got this on offer too £1 off £6.99 from Boots 
So I didn't do that bad with going into Boots after work for a little nosey!

Love Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment