Tuesday 19 August 2014

MAC Eyeshadow Palette



TOP (left to right): Vanilla, Blanc Type, Brule, Omega, Corquette
MIDDLE (left to right): Naked Lunch, All that Glitters, Wedge, Texture, Charcoal Brown
BOTTOM (left to right): Mulch, Trax, Satin Taupe, Smut, Black Tide

I have the Large Single Pro Palette with x15 eyeshadow insert. All found on www.maccosmetics.co.uk

TOP (left to right): Vanilla, Blanc Type, Brule, Omega, Coquette
MIDDLE (left to right): Naked Lunch, All that Glitters, Wedge, Texture, Charcoal Brown
BOTTOM (left to right): Mulch, Trax, Satin Taupe, Smut, Black Tide

I use Vanilla and Blanc Type for highlighting the eye area, so the brow bone and tear duct, really helping to lift and open up the eyes. Blanc Type and Brule are also great for a matte natural base to work other colours onto because of the beige tones. 
Omega, Coquette, and Charcoal Brown are the colours I use for brows, with an angled brush to fill in and add shape. I use Omega for blonde and light brown hair, whereas the other two are slightly darker and Coquette has muted grey tones, so a great all rounder.  
Now, Naked Lunch is my favourite out of my whole palette, its super subtle and flattering for any make-up look! This and All that Glitters complement each other really well as they both have the pink/pearl undertone and shimmer, I love to layer these two on top of pink cream eye shadows to add texture, and to deepen the colours.
I use Omega and Wedge to define the crease and outer V of the eye, these muted beige shades can be great to break up other colours, or for a soft natural smoky eye, I like to sweep the colour all over the eye and blend well. 
Mulch, Satin Taupe and Smut are also perfect shades for a darker smoky eye, I love the bronze/red undertones they can be blended out really well. An easy to do smoky eye! You can also push the shadow along the lash line with a small flat brush (MAC 239) for a softer winged out look.
I really liked the look of Texture and Trax, Trax is a burgundy plum with a bronze/gold shimmer, I like to use them to add a little under the eye, only very subtly though. Texture can also be a an alternative to a natural crease colour to add a little more depth to the make-up look. 
Finally Black Tide, this is perfect for sweeping along the lash line with an angled brush to create the illusion of thicker lashes, great for blending but careful as it can drop a little. I love the little sparkle in this shadow too.

What is your favourite MAC eyeshadow?

Love Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment