Wednesday 15 May 2013

A few foundations I've tried and tested

I find it so hard to find even one foundation that I really love and will buy again, because of my oily skin and being so fair. Well over the last few months I've been on a hunt and I have found two amazing foundations! But I thought I'd share my thoughts on the others that didn't win me over ........



Starting from the left ...
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Make-up (that was a mouthful!) £27 the most expensive out of the bunch BUT sooo worth it. I was going to leave favourites until last but it was first in line. Anyway this foundation feels like you have nothing on, it is oil-free, paraben free, fragrance free, and formulated with light-diffusing spheres leaving you with a demi-matte finish. The best thing about it is its oil free so lasts pretty much all day from say half seven until four or five in the afternoon without touch ups! This is a new product from Urban Decay and comes in eighteen shades, they have numbered the foundations considering the yellow/olive undertones and more rosy/neutral undertones so yellows ending in ".0" and rosy in ".5" I went for 1.0 and it matches my skin perfectly. You can build the coverage up easily and I apply it with my fingers or a foundation brush buffing it into the skin.
Maxfactor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation £11.99 I used this all through winter before I found the Urban Decay  foundation and I loved it. The foundation holds throughout the WHOLE of the day! This is because of the 3- in 1 factor ... 1.Primer 2.Concealer  and 3. Liquid Foundation. The only thing I will say about this is you still need to use concealer but hey I'm not complaining, and with only six shades to choose from (not many) but I guess I was lucky that there was a very light shade. This gives a medium to high coverage and best applied with a foundation brush.
Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation £12 This foundation goes on beautifully but just doesn't last that long on my skin (maximum about two hours), this would be a great for dry/ normal skin types it has a lovely dewy finish with a medium coverage with a flawless completion. 
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation £6.99 I saw the advert with Emma Stone and I was sold! The colour range is great with ten shades and going very fair I got a matching shade (Ivory) Similar coverage to the Urban Decay foundation very light like you aren't wearing any. I buffed this into my skin with a foundation brush for a dewy/matte flawless finish, which was amazing. It just didn't last as long, my t-zone was very oily after about four hours wear. So again much better suited for a drier skin type.
Revlon ColorStay Make-up Combination/Oily Skin £12.49 I had heard lots of great things about this foundation for a while before I bought it. Saying it will give you flawless looking skin lasting all day, well 16 hours  with a medium to full coverage! I thought great... finally I have found my perfect foundation. I applied it with a foundation brush and buffed it into my skin but it just sat into all my pores and it was just way too matte. I was disappointed! The only good thing about it was the matching shade for me! 

Love Jess x 

No comments:

Post a Comment