Wednesday 8 May 2013

The Mrs Carter Show

This weekend I was able to get the bank holiday off work, and travel down to London with my sister and cousin to see Beyonce! YES I know BEYONCE! As soon as I saw the advert from o2 priority I was determined to get tickets .... and hey I was one of the lucky few to get them. We didn't get the best seats but we had an amazing view .... three rows from the back (my legs were a little shaky looking down) 


Saturday went pretty fast and we were soon getting ready for the concert, I had decided against the "single ladies" leotard and afro hair, I wore a light pink high waisted skirt with a floral tee tucked in and flat pink dolly shoes. I was considering heels at one point but that would have been a very bad idea with the amount of stairs we had to climb (never mind trying to balance on  the packed tube). I browsed through endless photos of Beyonce and I came across one from her show, it looked so simple yet glamorous. I used my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner with Sleek black eyeshadow to create a soft winged eye and a light pink lip, using Maybelline Coloursensational in Sweet Pink, my sister kindly loosely curled my hair. My picture on "about me" is from Saturday night.


Anyway..... Beyonce! I was overwhelmed by the o2 arena it was huge! We arrived in enough time so we could have a good noisy around, and I couldn't resist buying a Beyonce shirt from the merchandise stand (definitely overpriced at £25 for the quality, but I'm thinking of accessorising it as I don't like the style). We were one of the first people in the arena so we had quite a wait for it all to start but we saw it fill up, I tweeted, took many pictures as well as facetiming my little sister back home. 

Luke James was the support act I have never heard of him before but he is quite well known in America for his R&B singing and song-writing. He has such an amazing voice and well it quite beautiful too! 
After over two hours waiting finally it went dark and The Mrs Carter Show began. We all went so giddy and I could no longer contain my excitement,  Beyonce burst onto the stage and everyone was instantly on their feet dancing and giving all their girl power to "Run the world". 
We pretty much never sat down for the whole show, she covered some of her most greatest hits, like Single Ladies, Survivor, Countdown, Crazy in love and my favourite End Of Time. My sister just stared at me dancing I knew the routine pretty well after watching her at Glastonbury on Youtube over and over and over ...  Whilst I'm talking about dancing the twins were there break-dancing! Les twins from France (utter genius!) 
Overall there must have been ten costume changes, including a blue cat suit, animal frill dress, grey glitter frills dress (above), leather look and cap by Emilio Pucci,  mesh panelled black and gold body suit, and my favourite the white, structured and intricately beaded confection by Ralph and Russo Couture.
Apparently there are rumours the little girl on the man's shoulders with the green headphones on is Blue-Ivy!
Beyonce ended her show with the lyrics of I Was Here and an emotional montage of images and film collected through her life including her little girl, Blue-Ivy (If that doesn't make you well up this would) singing I Will Always Love You, channelling with Halo was truly amazing and that will be something I will never forget.  

So I know I've been rambling on but I cannot get enough of this woman she is just amazing. This weekend I will never forget and I can now say one of my dreams have come true! <3


Love Jess x


No comments:

Post a Comment