Thursday 19 September 2013

Make-up Haul

Boots have an offer on!
    (I'm not to sure when this finishes so go go go!)


I didn't go crazy but I did only plan to get wax, I managed to come out with things I didn't really need and NO WAX! Typical!

I only ever wear false lashes on a night out, and they can be uncomfortable if you're not used to them, as some can be quite heavy on the natural lashes. These are very fine and would be perfect for if you're a beginner to false lashes or for an everyday look to open up the eyes and a little extra volume.

I love my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer it is great for covering up blemishes and redness, but recently I have not been loving it so much under my eyes. I have found it to be a little heavy and drying, so after a browse I thought I would give the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer a go as I have started using the foundation again. This concealer has a lovely texture, its super light and doesn't "cake up", feel tight and dry which can be uncomfortable around the delicate eye area. After applying foundation I apply a little on the inner corner of my eyes, and dab in with my finger or brush, I find using it all under the eye area it can crease through the day, so just using a little in the corner and blending outwards works a treat! It brightens the eye area due to the similar formula of the foundation with peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex.... definitely waking up the eyes! 

Oh my goodness! This is hands down my new favourite lipstick! I love it so much my next post will be all about it .......

Over summer I have only been using either my Urban Decay or Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, so I thought time for a change, after seeing Rimmel's new foundation on an advert I thought I would give it a go. When I first started using make-up the original Stay Matte foundation was one of my first products I used, I honestly cannot remember what it was like. This new formula says to be feather light, blends flawlessly, gives a natural finish, and all day shine control. Yes, yes, yes, and yes! It goes onto this skin beautifully, either with brush, fingers or sponge, lovely sheer finish without feeling caked on due to the light mousse texture. Just covering any redness and imperfections and lasting all day long. My only concern is it is slightly dark for me as I am pretty pale but I can get away with it when blended well, and some may find it a little to matte and flat looking, I always nearly use powder but you do not need it with this. For the price it's great I'm not complaining. 

WOW! I love my Real Techniques Expert Face brush but now it has competition! I haven't been a big fan of sponges when applying foundation, I think my sister put me off them using cheap tacky sponges and never washing them. This sponge is high quality and well thought through with a unique design, giving you three ways to apply your liquid foundation. I use the large rounded sides to blend in my foundation all over the face, using gentle wiping motions to get the product onto the skin then stippling for a flawless finish. The pointed top is just right for around the nose and the flat edge is great for the contouring. LOVE IT!

Revlon Powder Blush - 10 Toast of New York £3.75
My Nana called me over in Boots to see a stand full of sale products, and I got my mitts on this lovely powder blush from Revlon for £3.75! Its a matte brown/nude shade, it is perfect for a natural finish. I have been applying this on the apples of my cheeks and blending slightly onto the top of my cheek bones with a large blush brush. The packaging isn't so good but I love the colour great for autumn!

Another new product from Bourjois! A "made-to-measure blush" with pH-reactive pigments and cream to powder texture it self adjusts to your natural skin tone. I cannot wait to try this out, such cute little packaging too!

This I did not get from Boots, my sister's friend brought it back for me from America. My eyebrows are a nightmare to keep in place all day they just want to stay horizontal, I have tried so many products, even hairspray. I found this on Miss Glamorazzi YouTube, and after using it the past week I am impressed, it grooms my eyebrows keeping them in place all day without the crunchy hard feeling!

WOW! That was a long post, leave a comment if you have used any of these products, or RT on twitter if you liked it!
Love Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment